Friday 20 August 2021

A Clearer Chart for You??

 There are many ways of setting up an order flow chart. For me, a strictly footprint chart is useless. Looking at all the numbers completely overwhelms me. I'm a very visual person as probably most males are. I need a chart that shows patterns I can identify. 

Below is a chart with the bars grouped into mini volume profiles, each with its own VAH, VAL and POC. Each bar on the chart reveals powerful order flow information to me as do the arrows above or below some of the bars. 

The chart below shows the opening of the ES today. As you can see my chart shows the breakout up and shows me likely continuation upwards from the breakout point. The long trade triggers at the close of the 09:45 (EST) bar and can be automated so it triggers right on the close of that bar with that order flow information.


I teach students to use the chart that shows them the order flow most clearly. I have a number of templates but one size does not fit all. You know the old saying: "None so blind than those that cannot see".

No comments:

Post a Comment