Saturday 6 July 2024

The Numbers Cannot Lie

 It was a very slow Independence week but none the less there were profits to be made. NinjaTrader has a nice Trade Performance table you can create to see how you really traded. It showed my win rate as around 58% which really surprised me. I thought I was over 80%. I did a little digging and saw that some of the losing trades had been for just 1 tick and were the result of scratching trades but numbers are numbers.

I scratch quite a few trades. I guess this is an inheritance of the time that I spent on the floor when we all scratched a lot of trades. Many of the trades I scratched would have been winners but I scratched them probably because I had been in the trade "too long". Instant gratification is still a big deal and although I am much more patient these days as I get older, I am also more risk averse and believe that a trade can die of old age.

 Anyway, looking at you stats every week or month will help find those areas where you need to focus to change to either get to CP or to earn more.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment