Tuesday 8 June 2010

The Times They Are a-Changin'

Training UpdateThe training is full. Anyone who has not signed up or told me their transfer was under way and to whom I was talking to about a place, please email me. I have to limit the number of attendees as otherwise I will not be able to cope with the support I want to give for the 90 days.

We have tested the recording method and it worked very well. Both picture and sound quality was excellent.

Now down to biz.
I get my hair cut on a Saturday morning. It's not only because that's a time when the markets are closed but because on Radio 2 here in London there is a guy that plays music from the '60's. As the first of the Baby Boomers, the 60's was my time and is still my music.

On Saturday as I got into the car to drive to Wimbledon where one of the places that I get my hair cut is, he started playing that iconic song by Dylan. I couldn't help noticing that his description of life related so much to trading and to what is happening now in the world.

If your time to you is worth savin’
Then you better start swimmin’ or you’ll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin’
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won’t come again 
For the loser now will be later to win
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There’s a battle outside and it is ragin’
It’ll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin’
 And don’t criticize
What you can’t understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly agin’
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin’
And the first one now will later be last
For the times they are a-changin’
History will look back at these times as a milestone in our modern world. I don't know where we are heading but I do know that there is something major happening. A major shift.

There are many people out there who are dreaming of making 4 ES points per day per contract. In these markets it has been easily doable. Becoming CP in these times is a great opportunity to be setup as a trader for life. Squandering the opportunity would be a shame. Planning how you will achieve CP is as important as your trading plan. Going about it the right way can mean success while just not planning your training is, frankly, a waste of effort.

I get emails every day from people who have found the blog useful and have said it has taken them to CP. I suspect that the way they planned their training had a lot to do with their success.

As a trader, there are only two things you have any control over: when you enter a trade and when you exit. The outcome of these two decisions determines whether you make a profit or a loss.

Interesting trading day. Lower low but the plunge protection ( aka short covering) was in place.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom,
    Why didn't you take the long signal at the RTH open? Was it: 1) No headroom, prior POC @ 1054.5 from 25/5, 2) your overall bias/premise for the day was to take shorts (staying with the downtrend from prior days) until you saw higher highs, 3) Something else?

    Thanks, Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, it could have been validly taken, profitably. I was looking at the POC and the VAL. And yes, I was looking for a sell.

    ReplyDelete