Monday 2 August 2010

What a Blast!

We finished the three weeks of webinar based training on Friday night. I had a ball! I met a great bunch of people from all over the world- Hawaii to Sweden, California to Australia. We all had one thing in common: We love to trade and want to be traders for the rest of our lives.

Although we came from all different places and brought with us a variety of histories, we were all prepared to do the hard work of training and testing to get to Consistent Profitability, the elusive CP.

I think we proved that it really isn't so elusive if you do what is required and learn to trade in a different way. As one of the attendees put it: " In the future, everyone will learn to trade in the way you have invented". 

Our first goal was to achieve a 70% win rate through picture recognition and trade execution, which most have done. The next goal is to add trade management to achieve profitability. Many are on their way to this goal already, and we're not finished yet. I look forward to their achievements.

As they say in Oz; " Good on ya mate".

For my part, I'm back to grinding it out. I can't believe how much I missed it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi EL,

    Regretfully, I just learned about your blog over a week ago and obviously missed the opportunity to attend your training program.

    Nonetheless, I am on my second read and find it extremely informative and helpful.

    I took your 2nd trade on the second green bar but closed my position just before the report at essentially my entry point. I might have missed a discussion on how to handle reports while reading your blog but how do you handle reports. I noticed that you stayed in your position.

    TIA

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, most of the time I just ignore the fact that there will be a report as otherwise my trading would not match my backtesting. When I back test, I don't eliminate the trades that occur through reports. The computer just doesn't know. If the report is one I consider too, too volatile, I will stand aside.

    ReplyDelete