Monday 14 March 2011

It's All About The Vision

Well today wasn't hard to pick direction- not with all the bad news coming from Japan. The ripples impact everyone everywhere somehow. It was a pretty sad weekend seeing people separated from their loved ones and not knowing whether they were alive or not.

No one could be bullish today. So it was all a matter of timing, as usual. The chart below looks so easy after the fact and with the risk of sounding full of myself, it was easy to trade. I wanted a bit more micro visability. I had been trading the DAX in the morning - the DAX is like the Russell2k on speed. I was trading it on a 2 tick range bar chart for about an hour and a half until I couldn't click my mouse any more (that's a bit of an exaggeration). 

So I thought I'd micro the ES in my afternoon. I split Friday's ES Profile at the single print and at the split's VAL there were just sellers. It wasn't hard to find the entries below after that. The change in the time difference between Europe and the U.S. was a pain as usual.

1 comment:

  1. jenrique42
    hacer trading con barras de 2 ticks no es demasiado rapido, yo normalmente las barras rapidas que utilizo son las de 4 ticks y ya me parecen demasiado rapidas, y con ese tipo de rango cual seria el objetivo en puntos, porque con las de cuatro estarian entre 6 y 8 puntos

    jenrique42
    do trading with 2 ticks bars are not too fast, I usually fast rods I use are those of 4 ticks and you seem too fast, and with that kind of range that would be the target points, because with those four would be between 6 and 8 points

    ReplyDelete