Monday 6 August 2012

One Sure Trade a Day?

As you know by now, I have a fetish about win rate. I just can't trade a methodology that gives me mostly losing trades with a hope of the big winners making up the loss. I just won't be there when and if those winners decide to show up. I'll take 75% plus winners any day and be happy with the small wins and manage the size of my losers so that the math works in my favour.

I flew back to France thsi morning at 7am but turned Flo on before I left. One of the algos is an ES algo that trades almost once a day. I trade a bit of size and am happy with that performance. Today was no exception. My flight was held up due to a tyre on the plane needing to be inflated. Took an hour to get it done so a late arrival. Happily, I wasn't stressed with a lost opportunity as Flo was on the job. An algo that gives a very high win rate with few trades per day is not a bad thing.


2 comments:

  1. Trying to read your chart. what does BL stand for? bought? long? and that is two trades right? not just one as the title of your post implies...
    BTW I don't think the word 'sure' should ever be used in trading.. even if it's computers trading (see KCG).

    Thanks for your blog and please keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon 16:58, Yes, I agree. There was a ? at the end of the title for that very reason. Getting a high win rate is as sure as you can get and even that can disappear without proper maintenance. Nothing is sure in this world anymore. There were two trades on the chart, one on each day. Glad yr enjoying the blog. Almost 3 years now. Wow how time flies when yr having fun.

    ReplyDelete