Wednesday 7 September 2011

Computer Glasses

I've been wearing glasses since I was about 3 years old and have gone through a number of phases as a glasses wearer. My first phase started when I was 3 and I had one of my eyes covered with a patch.

The next phase was on the floor when I had difficulty seeing the big boards around the exchange and reading books. It turned out after having had three sets of glasses made, the time had come for reading glasses, so I chose varifocal lens. This was in about 1987 when they were new and not as good as they are now. I spent two days falling down steps, as I couldn't judge the distance with the varifocals.

For the last few months I've been struggling to see my screens, all 24 inches of them. My eyes got tired and things went fuzzy. My next phase had arrived. After some research, I worked out I needed computer glasses tuned to see just the distance to my screens. Luckily, both my French optometrist and my French speaking were good enough and I learned that they made a variation on the varifocals, just for computer use.

I'm wearing them now and my world has changed again for the better. Ain't technology wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment