Tuesday 10 January 2012

Oyl Bidness

I used to love watching Dallas, back in the 1980s, when it was all the rage. Everywhere I went in the world, people were watching Dallas. Restaurants and theatres were empty on Dallas night. He just loved the "oyl bidness". I'd been in Texas in the 1970s and really identified with many of the people on that show. I loved Texans, especially the women, who were very friendly and had hair about 2 feet high above their heads.


Light Crude was really good in the London morning but hard to trade in RTH. I stopped trading it after giving a little back.


3 comments:

  1. ES is still in Holiday mode volume is very light and the structure is off. Any ideas on when people will start trading again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you decide whether to trade range or renko charts? Do you favor one over the other? How do you decide which one to use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hersh, I'm not trading the ES at the moment as the volatility is not there. Last time lasted for months. Your same methodology should apply to other markets although I do recommend one market at a time until you are CP for at least a year.
    Anon 18:10, I'm working with renkos more these days to get rid of the noise caused by the HFTs. There is an issue with renko backtesting as there are no wicks and that has to be worked around.

    ReplyDelete