Tuesday 14 February 2012

LIFFEs a Ball

I just received an invitation to a ball to celebrate the London International Financial Futures Exchange's 30th anniversary.




Looking back, I think the thing I liked best there was the money. There were some great guys and gals. There were also a lot of less likeable people. All in all, I guess it was a representation of a broad range of people that exist in the world. The one thing most of us had in common was the desire to make money. Some were more aggressive and unprincipled at it than others. I guess it brought out the worst in many people, but in others it brought out the best.


Today I worked a total of about 2 hours. I traded the DAX open and then the miniRussell2k (TF) RTH open. Below are the results. As my Daddy said, "use brains, not brawn".


The DAX (3 point range bars) grabbed a quick 100 Euro per contract. The first trade did a little better than the chart as I dragged the limit down a couple of ticks. The fourth trade was actually filled at a tick worse as I over-rode the limit order by a tick. Eight trades, 800 Euro/contract in 1 hour 45 minutes.






The TF:I traded a 6 tick range bar.This is Flo entering the trades with me managing them. The algo has an optimized first scale out point and I exit the first trade there and then manage the other two thirds of the position. This is the optimal way of trading, in my opinion as I can substantially increase profitability. Here you see 1 loser and then two winners. the second trade had 1/3 out at the exit you see and 2/3 at about 1.50 lower. Just after I exited, Flo went short again but I saw the support on the MP and took a quick profit.






1 comment:

  1. That's what I'm talking about! TF!! My fave instrument to trade these days. Glad to see you trading it as well... it seems to run a little longer and quicker than the other indices. Just need to get on and hold on tight...the multiple of 3 contracts works very well on this baby!

    ReplyDelete