Sunday 11 August 2013

Algos or What

I became a trader very early in life as I was very entrepreneurial from an early age. My Dad always had his own business and that was my example.

In my quest for even more freedom, I have thought for a very long time that it would be neat if I didn't even have to turn up and the cheques kept on coming.  However, life isn't like that unless you inherit your money so a degree of perspiration is always required. However, thos of you have been longtime readers of the blog know that one of my favourite quotes is: "Genius is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration" (Thomas Edison).

Nevertheless, I believe that I should be the one to choose when to expend my 90% and when to expend my 10%. I've more than put in my 90% so now I'm enjoying using that 10%.

I've been working like a fiend with Bloodhound. Bloodhound has allowed Flo to progress well beyond my meager programming abilities and to be released from reliance on anyone. Here's one I did earlier.



The algo uses the LogikUniversalRenko bars that get rid of noise. There is a downside to these as there is a 3 bar slippage at the turning points but I take this into account when I show Flo what to do - all with no programming, just picking logic blocks. All my algos have the same premise of following the orderflow. No prediction. As the Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu said: " Those who have knowledge don't predict. Those who predict don't have knowledge".

As you can see from the pic, Bloodhound allows hybrid trading from the same chart.

2 comments:

  1. EL,long time follower and an attendee of the seminar you gave at Market Delta in October of 2010. I'm finishing up my degree in finance and am wondering what degree would best suit me in allowing me to do what your daughter Kiki helped you do (that is creating my own 'Flo' that operates according to the rules I give her). Would it be a degree in computer programming, computer science, or something else? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, good to hear from you. Having finance skills and programming skills and you can own the world. Any entrepreneurial activity now and in the future is based on online interaction and on applications and having that skill yourself will allow you to become a one man startup without needing to hire or partner with a programer.

    ReplyDelete