Thursday 21 April 2022

I just love trading in the deep pool with the Algos.

I just love trading in the deep pool with the Algos. They provide the flow and rhythm that helps me make the profitable trades. I do have losers and scratches too but usually its due to a lack of focus or bad read on my part. The information is there for all of us to see.

The pic below is another way of looking at the markets. This a NinjaTrader chart using MZPack's BigTrades add-in. I have found that it really suits me more than Bookmap or Jigsaw. The arrows come from another add-in I have programmed to give me additional order flow metrics. I have tried this chart on more granular settings down to just a few ticks but a 10 tick ES chart is too granular and I lose the context. I find that 30 seconds or 60 seconds provides the best order flow information for me on the ES. For less liquid markets such as NQ, CL and GC, 60 second charts tell me what I need to know. MP is still here for context and bias. Today's high opening and the subsequent selloff to unchanged was a joy.

I just love trading against the algos now. Great liquidity and they do the heavy lifting. Not hard to find where the scalp-able peaks and troughs are. Technology is still evolving and making the markets more even.



No comments:

Post a Comment