Tuesday 16 August 2022

Trading the New Normal

 As these index markets continue to evolve I have found that I need to evolve my technology with them. With the higher volatility markets we have been experiencing there is a need for technology to better reveal the order flow. There is a difference between rotational times of a 24 hour period and a trending or one time frame type of time. For this reason I am using four charts to trade instead of two.

I will give an example from today's ES market. My prime context chart is, of course, still a market/volume profile chart.


 
MP/VP shows me where I am in the context, support & resistance, and where price is likely to go. The Bookmap chart shows me support and resistance as well as exhaustion, icebergs and spikes.

The shart below is a renko chart to get rid of noise onto which I have added multiple order flow information using NinjaTrader, Gomi and MZ Pack. This chart is excellent in both rotational and one time frame markets.
 

Once I have identified a trending market, the chart below using NinjaTrader, Gomi and MZ Pack keeps me in the trade




 

No comments:

Post a Comment